How does Affirm work? Where can I learn more?
- Affirm lets you make your purchase now and pay for it over time in monthly payments.
- If you want to apply for financing with Affirm, I’ll enter your order information and send you a link with an Affirm loan application by email or SMS.
- The application asks you to provide some basic information so that Affirm can verify your identity and make an instant credit decision.
- If you're approved, you can confirm your loan and complete your purchase right away.
- Learn more about Affirm at their website www.affirm.com.
- What is required for me to create an Affirm account?
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a valid U.S. mailing address. APO/FPO/DPO addresses work, but addresses in overseas territories are not accepted.
- Have a valid U.S. mobile number that can receive SMS texts. The phone number must be registered in your name. Affirm cannot accept VOIP numbers at this time.
- Have a valid email address.
- Provide your full name, birthday, and the last four digits of your Social Security Number to help Affirm verify your identity.
Do I need to have a mobile phone number?
- Yes, users must have a valid U.S. mobile number that can receive SMS texts. Affirm sends security PINs by SMS to your mobile phone that let you access your account for a transaction. This method protects your identity.
- The phone number must be registered in your name. Affirm cannot accept VOIP numbers at this time.
Is my personal information safe?
- Affirm has a team of online security experts who are experienced in online-payment systems. The latest encryption technologies ensure that their systems and your personal information are protected. Affirm also requires a PIN verification for every Transaction to keep your account safe and secure.
Does Affirm do a hard credit check?
Affirm does not conduct a hard credit inquiry on applicants, so applying for an Affirm loan won’t impact your consumer credit scores.
Does Affirm charge any interest or fees?
- Affirm charges 10% to 30% APR, based on a credit evaluation. Affirm applies a finance charge when you split your purchase into multiple payments.
- Affirm clearly states the cost of the finance charge in real dollars so that you see exactly what you’re paying. Affirm does not charge any compounding interest and has no hidden fees.
Why do I have to link my checking account?
Affirm sometimes requires additional information to consider a credit application. Such information may include an active checking account. Affirm securely connects your checking account to help verify your identity and review your ability to repay the requested loan. Affirm looks at the name on the checking account, recent transactions, and balances. If Affirm requests this information but you are unable to provide it, Affirm cannot approve your credit application.
Why was I denied a loan with Affirm?
If you aren't approved, Affirm notifies you of its decision via a secure message. Affirm does not share with us (your merchant) the reason that you were not approved for your privacy. Please refer to the secured message that you received from Affirm for more information.
Why do I have to make a down payment?
Affirm tries to approve every purchase, but sometimes it can’t approve the full amount. If the full amount is not approved, Affirm provides you with a debit card down-payment option that lets you complete your purchase right away.
What's my credit limit with Affirm?
Affirm has no fixed credit limit and does not offer customers an open line of credit. Instead, Affirm underwrites a separate loan for each order that you place with us, taking into account your creditworthiness and other information available at the time of your purchase. Affirm tells you whether your loan is approved during the check-out process.
The checkout didn't work, what should I do?
If you received an error checking out with Affirm, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I pay my Affirm bill?
Pay your Affirm bills online at www.affirm.com/pay using a debit card or bank transfer. Sign in using your mobile phone number. Affirm also offers an automatic-payment option (autopay) that you can set up atwww.affirm.com/pay.