PRV Audio 8MR450A 8" Mid Range Speaker
- Product Overview
PRV Audio’s ALTO Series were carefully crafted and voiced to reproduce a natural, smooth sound while remaining dynamic. To get the superior fidelity, a special composite cone is used to smooth frequency response and to keep the moving mass low, increasing the efficiency.
Meet the new improved version from 8MR400A
• New basket design implemented, reducing its size from 3.78″ to 3.21″ mounting depth
• Improvement on output sensitivity from 94 dB to 96 dB
• Gain on the vocal response from 100 Hz to 2000 Hz
• Increased on voice coil winding has improved power handle and raised its Xmax to 4.00 mm
All new features on the 8MR450A make it capable of high output and low distortion, this mid range is perfect for filling in the important mid range response in any high output sound system. Great Addition to the ALTO Series!
- 2″ DUAL layer CCAW voice coil wound on a glass fiber former, 8 ohms
- Ventilated former to reduce power compression
- Low inductance for great transients and extended high frequency response up to 9,500 Hz
- 450 watts continuous program power rating
- Great budget choice for high output home, car, and professional audio systems
- Full copper sleeve on the pole-piece for low distortion and inductance
The new 8MR450A from ALTO Series has everything you want in a mid range pro audio loudspeaker, without sacrificing performance we have designed a compact and versatile footprint with only 3.21” of mounting depth.
The 38 mm (1.5 in) copper clad aluminum wire is wound in a double layer using a high temperature resin adhesive on a strong ventilated glass fiber former. Also, a copper sleeve is included on the pole piece which reduces inductance to improve the high frequency response.
A triple roll cloth surround, combined with an optimized fiber pressed paper cone, ensure the speaker’s frequency response is smooth and extended.
This professional mid range speaker is purpose-built to cover from 100 Hz to 6,000 Hz in three-way speakers, but also works great as a door speaker in car audio applications and a woofer in two-way satellite speaker concept.
|Nominal Diameter||8″ (203 mm)|
|Nominal impedance||8 Ohms|
|Rated AES Power Handling (RMS)||225 Watts|
|Program Power||450 Watts|
|Sensitivity 2.83V at 1m||96 dB|
|Recommended Hi Pass Crossover** **For Full Power Handling||140 Hz** **12db Per Octave Crossover|
|Frequency Response at -10dB||80 – 9,500 Hz|
|Voice Coil Diameter||1.5″ (38 mm)|
|Voice Coil Wire||CCAW|
|Voice Coil Winding Depth||11.0 mm|
|Magnetic Gap Depth||6.0 mm|
|Frame Material||Stamped Steel|
|Equivalent Volume||Vas||34.86 l|
|Excursion (mathematical)***||Xmax||4.00 mm|
|Free Air Resonance||Fs||65.26 Hz|
|Cone Area||Sd||241 cm²|
|Mechanical Mass||Mms||13.78 g|
|Bl Factor||Bl||7.58 Tm|
|Dc Resistance||Re||5.8 Ohms|
|Inductance||Le||0.257 mH at 1 kHz|
|Mechanical Mass Without Air||Mmd||11.67 g|
|Mechanical Compliance||Cms||0.432 mm/N|
***Xmax=(Voice coil winding depth-Magnetic Gap depth)/2+ Mgnetic Gap Depth/4
|Overall Diameter||8.22″ (209 mm)|
|Front Mount Baffle Cutout||7.26″ (184.5 mm)|
|Mounting Depth||3.21″ (81.5 mm)|
|Overall Depth||3.50″ (89 mm)|
|Net Weight||4.63 Lbs (2.10 kg)|
|Shipping Weight||5.07 Lbs (2.30 kg)|
|Carton Dimensions W x L x H||8.66 x 8.66″ x 4.17″ (220 x 220 x 106 mm)|