PRV Audio MT2.7TWB-4 2.75" SHORT HORN TWEETER
- Product Overview
The MT2.7TWB-4 horn tweeter is a high output competition grade motorcycle audio solution. You can dramatically increase sound output with some little modification in your UTV, 4 wheeler, Slingshot, or Motorcycle with very little space.
Our new MOTO Series (MT) super tweeters feature a new short horn design to provide a nice finishing touch to custom motorcycle audio system without taking up much space. These products are available in two sizes and feature flexible mounting options for easy installation.
- Designed for custom motorcycles, this new tweeter provides the extreme high output with very little modification to keep up with multiple high efficient speakers.
- Depending on the thickness of your baffle, there are two flush mounting options. Its front ring and tightening tool can be used to mount it in installations with limited space.
- Powerful Neodymium magnet providing high performance with compact size and easy quick connect push terminals. 4 Ohm impedance.
- This small 2.75″ horn tweeter is built to handle 140 watts and is capable of astonishing high frequency performance. 107 dB sensitivity at 1w/1m..
- A capacitor is included for protection from damaging frequencies at high power. Mounting hardware and a tightening tool are included.
Another unique feature of the MT2.7TWB-4 is its two mounting options for flush mount without having the treads exposed. You have the option to flush mount on thin baffle cutouts and be able to tighten it from its slotted front ring on more space constrained installations.
Its unique 10 mm trick front ring and a rubber gasket help securely mount the tweeter without exposing its treaded barrel. They are small enough to easily drop into existing fairing gauge holes on your motorcycle.
Due to the premium materials used in its construction, such as a titanium diaphragm, a high-temperature 1.4” voice coil, and a strong neodymium magnet motor, this produces a remarkably high frequency.
The MOTO Series is dedicated to delivering outstanding pro audio performance to your motorsports application.
Not only does this driver look as good as it sounds, but it is also able to take a ton of power! Up to 140 watts of power handling are on tap with a 12 dB/octave crossover at 6,000 Hz.
|Nominal impedance||4 Ohm|
|Nominal Power Handling*||70 Watts|
|Continuous Program Power (RMS)**||140 Watts|
|Max Peak Power***||280 Watts|
|Sensitivity 2.00V at 1m||107 dB|
|Recommended Hi Pass Crossover
For Full Power Handling
12db Per Octave Crossover
|Frequency Response at -10dB||4,000 – 20,000Hz|
|Voice Coil Diameter||1.4″|
|Voice Coil Wire||CCAW|
|Voice Coil Former Material||Kapton|
*Nominal power handling is defined as the maximum RMS power that the speaker can handle in a 2-hour test with a pink noise with 6dB of crest factor and a bandpass filter with 12db/oct tuned in its usable frequency range.
**Continuous Program Power (RMS) is the maximum power that the speaker can handle considering a regular musical program using our recommended filters, this power can be used to define the optimum amplifier power to avoid a clean signal without clipping or saturation.
***Max Peak Power is the maximum power operation for the speaker, this power is allowed just for a few fractions of a second, usually found just on the peaks of the music. Keeping this power for a little longer timer will damage the speaker.
|Mounting Depth||1.75″ / 1.95″|
|Net Weight||1.59 Lbs|
|Shipping Weight||1.72 Lbs|
|Carton Dimensions W x L x H||4.33″ x 3.85″ x 3.11″|